Recently ,Vadodara has been selected as one of the Smart cities to be developed in India by the Government of India.
SMART CITY CONCEPTS AND PLANS OF VMC TOWARDS MAKING VADODARA AN EFFICIENT SMART CITY:
- International Airport has been already inaugurated in Vadodara by our prime minister Mr. Narenda Modi
- Smart Metering system
- No overhead cable zone
- E – Medicine Facilities
- Smart water metering
- Smart street lighting
- Smart Dustbin
- Smart Building
- Smart public services
- Smart Mobility
- Smart irrigation
- Centralized City command and Control Center
- Total Sewerage solution
- E-Rickshaws facilities
- Parking Management
A Growing City
Affordable Real Estate
High Returns on Investment
Quality of Life
- Localted 23°30” N 73° 19” East
- Area : 138 Sq Km
- Altitude : 35.5 Mts.Above Mean Sea Level
- Distance from Mumbai : 442 Km
- Distance from Delhi : 1039Km
- Distance from Ahmedabad : 110Km
City at glance….
- Vadodara, one of India’s most cosmopolitan cities, is located to the south east of Ahmedabad, on the banks of river Vishwamitri
- The district is referred to as the “Sanskar Nagari” (City of Culture) due to its rich cultural traditions
- Vadodara is famous for its palaces, parks, temples and museums Known as the ‘Gateway to the Golden Corridor’, as all the rail and road arteries that link Delhi, Mumbai and Ahmedabad also connect Vadodara, including the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC)
- The district has 12 talukas, 15 towns and 1,548 villages, of which the major towns are Vadodara (District Headquarter),Savli, Waghodia, Padra, Dabhoi, Karjan and Sankheda
Vadodara has evolved as a cosmopolitan hub with favorable demographics, inbound migration and conducive economic environment.
- Localted 23°30” N 73° 19” East
- Population Density (per sq km, 2011)
- Literacy Rate (2011)
- Per Capita Income (inINR, 2011)
- Unemployment Rate (2011-12)
- GSDP Growth Rate (2011-12)
- As per latest estimate released by government
- *Per capital income of State and population density of Vadodara
- Source: Cushman & Wakefield Research, NASSCOM
- High literacy rate of 81 percent, which is well above the national average of 74 percent; the city offers a significant resource pool for the IT-BPM
- The State has the lowest unemployment rate in the country at 1.8 percent compared to a national average of 3.8 percent
- The services sector has the highest contribution to the State economy at 46 percent followed by the manufacturing sector at 28 percent during 2011-12
- Engineering, petro-chemicals, pharmaceuticals and manufacturing are primary industrial sectors
- Large investments are expected as the city lies on the upcoming Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor
- Proximity to key industrial centers in Ahmedabad, Bharuch and Surat, along NH-8 is a major driver for growth of the local economy
Requisite talent pool, cosmopolitan culture and massive infrastructure developments makes
Vadodara an emerging destination for IT-BPM Industry…
- Rising commercial developments
The city has seen development of Grade A commercial office space in the last few years that has provided several options to IT-BPM organizations. Also, low land cost compared to Tier I cities have enabled own campus developments
“Grade A commercial office developments have grown 3X in the last five years”
- Cosmopolitan city offering work life balance
Strong developments in social infrastructure along with focus on recreational facilities and entertainment led to increased inbound migration of talent in the last few years
“A modern city with a modern outlook – Grade A mall space has increased to nearly 3X over the last five years”
- Growth aided by other industries
The city has a significant presence of the manufacturing sector attracting talent from different parts of the country that also forms an important pool for domain specific processes
“Total number of engineering colleges has increased significantly in last five years”
The golden quadrilateral and Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor passing through the city is expected to bring in large investments in the city’s infrastructure, thereby further contributing to the growing needs of the industry
“Focused approach to improve city’s infrastructure increases attractiveness of the location”
The Way Forward
- Small and mid-sized, IT-BPM players are primarily dominant in the city with limited expansion by multinationals; reflecting an immediate need for promoting Vadodara as a promising IT-BPM destination backed by its unique differentiators
- Dedicated It Infrastructure
- In the absence of dedicated IT parks, organizations are currently operating out of owned campuses or leased spaces in commercial office developments
- The Master Plan has earmarked a dedicated IT zone spread across 2,000 hectares in the outskirts of the city to support the sector, thereby, enhancing the visibility of IT BPM set-up in the region
- Stronger Eco System
- Given the conducive business environment and visible growth achieved by small and mid-sized players, larger IT- BPM organizations should definitely explore options in Vadodara
- The social infrastructure in the city has improved tremendously in past couple of years as it has been able to attract investments in the hospitality sector, healthcare services and shopping centers.
- Currently, Vadodara has around 740,000 sf of mall stock, to which another 880,000 sf will be added in the next couple of months. The retail segment in the city is dominated by malls, which are operating at high occupancy levels.
- The city has adequate recreational facilities like malls, multiplexes, golf courses etc. and has truly emerged as one of the modern cities in the country. It is also becoming cosmopolitan with adequate palette of diversity and culture to support the social needs of people working in the city.
- Significant increase in headcount and number of organizations in last five years has led to a corresponding increase in export revenues.
- High entrepreneur zeal and supportive Government policies have aided significant growth of IT-BPM organizations in the region
- Given its track-record and unique differentiators, Vadodara is expected to become a strategic location in the long-term
Vadodara City Facts
- Area : 148.22 sq. kms. (57.23 sq. miles)
- State: Gujarat
- District: Baroda
- Population: 3.10 million
- Languages: English, Gujarati (predominant), Marathi, Hindi
- STD Code: If calling from India: 0265 If calling from outside India: 91-265
- Altitude: 35.50 meters (116.47 ft) above Sea Level
- Location: 22.3° North, 73.26° East
- Temperature: Summer: 24° C to 46° C Winter: 9° C to 31° C
- Average Rainfall: 931.9 mm (36.7 inches) per annum
- Clothing: Cotton in Summer, Light woollen in winter
Connectivity – Railways
- Literacy rate of 70%+ which is higher than the national average
- The city workforce is multi cultural with people form different regions.
- India’s 5th highest per capita income
- Geographical location:72.73° to 73° East (Longitude) 20.07° to 21.05° North (Latitude)
- Area: 7,555 sq. km.
- District headquarter: Vadodara
- Major Industrial Infrastructure: 3 Special Economic Zones, 13 Industrial Estates, 4 Proposed Industrial Parks
- Nearest port: Dahej in Bharuch and Hazira in Surat
- Airport: Vadodara
- Sex ratio: 919 Females per 1000 Males
- Population density: 482 persons per sq. km.
- Population: 3.64 million (As per 2001 census)
- The Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor passes through Vadodara, making it a key destination for attracting industrial investments
- Vadodara is the exclusive producer of Dolomite and Fluorspar in Gujarat, offering scope for tremendous growth in the processing industries
- Several Government companies such as GSFC and GACL have their manufacturing plants in the district
- Gujarat’s leading educational institutions are located in Vadodara, offering skilled and intellectual manpower in abundance for various industries and R&D activities
- Proximity of Vadodara to key industrial centers of Gujarat such as Ahmedabad (via India’s first Expressway), Bharuch and Surat, along NH8 could be considered a major driver for growth of the economy
- SUPPORTIVE STATE GOVERNMENT
- RAPID ECONOMIC GROWTH
- NO OCTROI IN THE STATE
- LARGE WHITE COLLAR IMMIGRANT POPULATION
- HIGH INCOME LEVELS
- MODERN AND COSMOPOLITAN LIFESTYLE
Football Academy Proposed In City
Vadodara may have a national football academy with modern facilities. This project is likely to take shape at the Reliance township in the city.
Hockey Stadium In City
Vadodara Municipal Corporation (VMC) has built a modern hockey stadium in Manjalpur. The stadium is part of an outdoor sports complex set up by VMC on a large plot of land near Darbar Chowkdi.
CCTV Cameras For City
To keep pace with the increased size of the city another 150 CCTV cameras have been installed at various locations of the city. The CCTV cameras will help to regulate traffic as well as monitor unwanted activities.
North – South Road Corridor
A North-South road corridor for the city has been proposed by the Vadodara Municipal Corporation (VMC).VMC plans to shell out Rs. 518.5 million over 18 months to widen and resurface the 15-km road connecting Chhani in the North and Makarpura in the South.
Apollo Knowledge Institute
Apollo Tyres Limited has set up Apollo Knowledge Institute in a joint initiative with the Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (CED) located at Apollo’s Limda plant near Vadodara.
VMC May Lease Open Plots For Sports Activities
The Vadodara Municipal Corporation (VMC) may lease some of its 27 vacant plots for sports activities at a token rate.The plots will be leased to organizations and NGOs who want to promote sports in the city.
Industrial and Commercial Growth
- Proximity of Vadodara to key industrial centers of Gujarat such as Ahmedabad, Bharuch and Surat. Along NH-8 connecting to Mumbai and Delhi could be considered a major driver for growth of the economy
- Focus Industry sectors in the district include chemicals, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, petrochemicals and construction
- Savli Industrial Estate, spread across 770 hectares of land located 15 km from Vadodara city is an ideal location for agri-biotech, biotechnology engineering, plastics, export-oriented units and other non polluting industries
- Some of major players include Alembic, Bharat Starch Industries Limited, GACL, GSFC, IOCL, IPCL, Apollo Tyres Limited, CG Glass Limited etc
Key projects in the form of
Sterling SEZ , Suzlon Infrastructure SEZ -waghodia, Dahej SEZ, Nipiam InfoTech Pvt. ltd SEZ- waghodia
- Industrial Parks
M/S Immense Properties Pvt. Ltd. – Dena, M/S Siddharth Industrial Infrastructure Park – Waghodia, M/S Siddhi Industrial Infrastructure Park – Karjan, Shiv Industrial Infrastructure Park – Savli , Biotech Park at Savli
5 star: West-inn, Ecotel Orchid; 3 star: Pippermint, Ginger, Fortune
Industrial Locations and Infrastructure
IT Companies & BPOs in Vadodara
Location Advantage – DMIC
- Vadodara is part of DMIC – a project of USD 90 billion funded by Japan.
- Developing International airport in Vadodara is part of DMIC development.
- Attracting investors by offering good opportunity for developing a gas based/ dual fuel captive power plant.
Location Advantage – Dahej Port
- Developed Dahej Port will include development of Chemical, LNG and a Dry Bulk Cargo Terminal.
- Dahej connected to Vadodara(108 Kms) by a four lane express way road.
- The nearest airport to Dahej is Vadodara, connecting it with Mumbai & Delhi, hence giving greater advantage to Vadodara over Surat
Connectivity – Railways
- Vadodara is well connected to all major locations such as Delhi and Mumbai, as well as other districts of the State through a Broad Gauge railway line.
- The city is on the major rail and road arteries joining Mumbai with Delhi.
Connectivity – Express ways
- Vadodara is well connected to all major locations such as Delhi(1,028 km) and Mumbai (448 km) through DMIC and National Highway (NH) No. 8.
- NH 8 also connects Vadodara with Ahmedabad (111km), Rajkot (294 km ), Ankleshwar ( 84 km) Surat (167 km) – the major industrial centers of Gujarat.
- India’s first National Expressway is located in Gujarat connecting Vadodara to Ahmedabad (93 km)
Connectivity – Airways
- Vadodara has a domestic airport at Harni, which is well-connected with four metro cities in India such as Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Bangalore.
- Now Vadodara has a high-tech brand new International airport, which is operational from August 2016.
- This international airport will be Gujarat’s first, and the country’s second eco-friendly airport.
Power Supply Network
- Vadodara has a well developed network of 48 sub stations
- Gujarat Electricity Board supplies electricity to 1546 villages,14 cities and towns
- 66kv and 11kv distribution system spread over the district
- Vadodara has 18,721 irrigation related wells and 69 km long water canals
- Water supply for industrial purposes in the district can be obtained from three main sources, viz. Gujarat
- Water Supply and Sewerage Board (GWSSB), Irrigation canals and Sardar Sarovar Project
- Sardar Sarovar Project envisages supply of water for drinking purposes, irrigation and industrial uses, through branch canals
- Chemicals & Petrochemicals: Industrial Chemicals and petrochemical products Pharmaceutical products Paints and varnishes
- Minerals Production of cement pipes and tiles, china clay, quarry, mosaic, micron zed minerals, tar and other construction material Dolomite & Fluorspar, being exclusively found in Vadodara, it offers tremendous scope of investments in the processing industry.
- Engineering & Auto Rubber & rubber products, especially for tyre manufacturing industries Industrial machinery, boilers & steam generating equipment Electronic equipment
- Agriculture and Food Processing Cold storage facilities Dehydration plants Production facilities for fruit pulp and pickles Cotton ginning and pressing•Ayurvedic medicines
- Civil Aviation Vadodara airport is proposed to be developed as an “Aircraft Maintenance Hub” for the Western part of India. This is a new sector for investment
- An investment of INR 19 billion (USD 452 million) is proposed under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) for infrastructure projects in the city
- A Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS) is proposed to enhance existing public transport system
- The Vadodara-Surat National Highway is now completed and the six-lane highway is a major boost in improving the road connectivity from Vadodara till Mumbai.
- Vadodara airport is proposed to be developed as an “Aircraft Maintenance Hub” for the western part of India
Real Estate in Vadodara
- Known as the cultural capital of Gujarat, the city is also known as Vadodara. It is famous for its Maharaja Sayajirao University (popularly known as MSUniversity). The city pages contain a wealth of information useful while buying, selling or renting a property. It is convenient for those on transfer or relocation as the property rates or market rates of various localities ,areas and locations are listed mostly on “Rate per sq.ft.“ basis.
- Know more about the history of Baroda, itspopulation, housing and commercials pace demand, property prices, how it is divided into various zones and sectors.
- There is a lot of information and data on hotels, boarding and lodging facilities, restaurants and eateries, banks and important telephone numbers of civic utilities like police, electricity service, hospitals and 24 hour chemists hops.
- Movers, packers, move-management firms and companies too can offer their corporate clients a total package deal with property and property related information as well as relocation information like schools and admissions.
- Large old-style movie theatres are giving way to newer multiplexes that have sprung up in the past few years. Industrialization has brought in a large population to the city which requires accommodation. A leading industry association is working towards developing Baroda as ‘Knowledge City’. Once the Rs. 2600 crore scheme is implemented, there will be large-scale development of the IT and ITES sectors which will generate demand for leased commercial space.
- Malls and multiplexes have come up and more are in the offing. Hypermarkets are also coming up in a big way. Further development is likely to take place after work begins on the Vadodara-Mumbai section of the Expressway.
- A further spurt is likely to be seen as various infrastructure developments, realty and housing companies have made proposals to invest Rs 3,400 crore. The funds would be used for new projects like development of housing societies, IT and technology parks and commercial centres.
- Non Resident Gujaratis (NRGs) are buying properties in their home towns and Vadodara is no exception. With no dearth of funds, NRGs prefer bungalows in posh areas. All this means very soon real estate Vadodara will be set to hop on to the IT bandwagon and there will be huge demand of Vadodara properties. Once the SEZ is in place, Vadodara real estate prices will go in one direction only – high up and ultimately result of this will be a boom in prices of real estate
Vadodara – Real Estate
- Vadodara Real estate market is one of the most affordable in the country and hence good potential for upswing..
- Large quantum title clear land at affordable rates available in & around Vadodara for industrial, retail & Housing needs
- ROI scores over majority of other investments
Moreover, real estate market in Vadodara offers a mix of product categories comprising of residential apartments, bungalows, twin bungalows, row houses, plotted schemes, farm houses, commercial as well as retail spaces.
Real Estate gives…
- Secured High returns on investment
- Real Estate as an asset class is better over other assets like exotic metals which give lower returns and liquid assets like share & mutual funds which carry higher risk.
- Safe to maintain property in Vadodara as compared to other cities.
- Real Estate investment have typically given positive returns in the long term.
Quality of Life
- Lifestyle in Vadodara
Quality of Life – Lifestyle in Vadodara
- Cosmopolitan city, with more than 32 nationals staying in Baroda
- Everything is available at short & convenient distance.
- Vadodara is a City of Gardens
- Ample expat communities
- Remarkably safe, peaceful and lowest crime rate in Gujarat. A Girl alone loaded with jewellery can move around safely even at 2 AM in the city.
- Air pollution is lowest in the country amongst all cities
- Multi-speciality hospital at all four zones in Vadodara.
Quality of Life – EDUCATION
- 20 public & over 100 private schools. Vadodara is probably the only over schooled city in the country.
- International Schools in Vadodara providing most affordable education in India
- ‘Knowledge City’ -vision of the Confederation of Indian Industry.
- MSU is the only major university in Gujarat with English as the medium of instruction.
- Highest English speaking population in Gujarat.
- Highest Engineering colleges in Baroda
Quality of Life – Culture Vadodara -“Sanskar Nagri”
- The city popularly known as “Sanskar Nagri” with its rich cultural heritage houses some of the richest treasures of palace, parks, temples and museums.
- This comes forth as a truth as quoted by Chris and Simi Anderson from London, owner of popular restaurant Paprika Grill in Vadodara, on their decision to settle in Vadodara so that they could give their children the right culture and environment.
- The city offers the ideal abode to one & all, offering all the riches of modern living.
- It is said that any one who stays for five years at Baroda, becomes permanent Barodian.
Vadodara – Place to be
- Let’s see a short story of upcoming projects & proposed infrastructure Development
- Gita Goradia 2:22 to 3:12
- Hasmukh shah 6:25 to 7:45
- Gita Goradia 8:28 to 9:45
- M.K. Das 13:08 to 13:53
- N. V. Patel 14:11 to 15:16
- Let’s see what young professionals say about doing business in Vadodara
Commercial Scenario in Vadodara
- Industrialization in Vadodara has attracted large number of Investors to the city from various parts of India and aboard. Availability of financial sources, raw materials, skillful mobilization of human resources, and product demand has given birth to small and big entrepreneurs in the city who have contributed toward the growth of the industrial centers. This has given rise to the demand of commercial, residential and industrial properties in Vadodara. So as for now, Property Market in Vadodara is witnessing rich investors who are willing to spend on lucrative properties.
- Vadodara Urban Development Authority has come up with an agreement for the establishment of residential houses in Vadodara. These residential houses are fully furnished with basic and luxurious amenities that will definitely allure big and small investors. It is expected to give rise to the demand for commercial complexes as well. Besides, there is also a talk about establishing Special Economic Zone (SEZ) with the help of international firms.
- The voluminous magnitude of construction works planned depicts the prosperous Real Estate Scenario In Vadodara city.
- Vadodara boasts of investors like rich business men, highly paid professionals, politicians, and most importantly, NRIs. It is due to the same, reputed builders and developers have shown immense interest in establishment of attractive township and ultra modern housing accommodation. Swanky bungalows with picturesque landscapes for sale and also for rent are common scenario here. Industrial and Commercial Property in Vadodara has viewed rise and when it comes to Shopping Mall Development in Vadodara, there is no par that is left untouched.
Vadodara in news and Latest Projects
- Mercedes opening shortly a new showroom in Vadodara.
- Lakme lever opens new beauty salons.
- Private sector bank coming in Vadodara city with branches at various locations.
- Some big industry they open there offices in Vadodara.
- Mukta cinema opens new multiplex in Centre Square, Vadodara.
- Two large Chinese transformer companies are coming up in Vadodara.
- A. An investment of USD 452 million is proposed under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban infrastructure projects in the city.
- B. McKinsey & Company Report: Vadodara is expected to grow to 4 million population from current level of 1.7 million by 2030.
- C.CNBC Awaz has rated Vadodara as one of the top 20 future cities of India.
- D.SIR coming up between Savli and Jarod at estimated investment of Rs. 3500 Crores.
- E.Hero Motor Corp planning to invest Rs 500 Crores in Halol.
- F.Alstrom, General Motors, L&T etc on expansion spree.
- G.McKinsey & Company Report: Vadodara’s per capita investment requirement is to go up from 17$ to 263$ by 2030 and considerable portion of that is in housing.
- H.Vadodara airport is proposed to be developed as an “Aircraft Maintenance Hub” for whole of Western India.
- I.The road network within the city is well developed in almost 70% of the area, catering 80% of the total city’s population.
Hospitality Industry News –
- Having opened its third hotel property in Gujarat, Fortune Park Hotels, a wholly owned subsidiary of ITC Ltd, is now scouting for potential Greenfield and Brownfield projects in cities like Vadodara, Rajkot and Gandhidham.
- The Citymax Hotel is an upcoming hotel in Vadodara. Brain child of the Landmark group of hotels, the Citymax Hotel, Vadodara will be a state of the art – three star hotel.
- VITS Hotels is an coming up with their hotel in Vadodara.
- Peppermint hotel is upcoming hotel in Vadodara.
Vadodara in news and Latest Projects
- We have taken reasonable care while collating data from various sources. However we take no responsibility for any action or decision or otherwise, generated out of this presentation